EMWA's On-Going Projects
The following projects and programs can be cited as EMWA's major activities being underway:
- Project underway with the support of Micronutrient Initiative (MI) (Year 2013/2014)
- With the project 'Vitamin A Supplementation behavior change Communication/VAS SBCC/', EMWA able to undertake the following activities:
- Produced training materials on Nutrition and media message development
- Increased women journalists' capacity to effectively communicate to mothers and care givers on the importance of vitamin A supplementation (VAS) through media channels.
- Support journalists to develop VAS SBCC media programs
- Disseminate VAS SBCC programs developed through available media outlets in seven regions of Ethiopia including on EMWA's Fan page Facebook
- Out of the pool of trained journalists, invited interested journalists to develop field based stories
- Host panel discussions and arrange for broadcast using national mass media such as Radio and TV
- Conduct Media Monitoring for VAS SBCC messages, field based stories and panel discussions.
- Conduct assessment on the participation & skills of women media practitioners in exposing corruption and implementing investigating journalism,
- Conduct training workshop for 60 women media practitioners on investigating journalism and media ethics in three round,
- Give award for best performer/who produced programs through different media outlets of female journalists in the issue of ethics and anti-corruption activities,
- EMWA in collaboration with US Embassy has facilitated a project called 'The role of women Journalists in promoting women's issues in the media' With this project, the following activities were organized:
- Improve women's representation and change negative portrayal in the media through strengthening capacities of women journalists
- Increase the awareness level of 60 EMWA member media practitioners in their respective roles of addressing women's concerns in their respective media.
- Facilitate information and experience sharing among the media practitioners on the how to inclusively promotes women issues in the media.
- Promote the reinforcement of the concerns of women issues in the media
- Discuss and put directions for future women empowerment through the media